CSAT Paper - 1 Sample Paper
1. A nations natural resources often determine its wealth and status in
the world economic system by determinig its
(a) political influence
(c) resources for industrial development
(d) none of the above
2. Which of the following pairs with respect to composition of sea water
(element by percentage weight) is correctly matched ?
(a) Hydrogen 85.79%
(b) Sulphur 1.898%
(c) Carbon 0.003%
(d) Chlorine 1.056%.
3. Which of the following is the characteristics of ocean ecosystem ?
(a) They are the largest and most stable ecosystem
(b) The occur in the regions with less than 10" of annual rainfall
(c) The succulent plants are found in the ocean ecosystem
(d) None of the above.
4. Stratosphere is devoid of weather phenomenon because
(a) all the atmosphere ozone is present in this layer
(b) it is free from moisture and dust
(c) it has a maximum temperature of–2°C
(d) the harmful radiations are absorbed by
5. Hydro-electric power stations are generally located in mountainous
regions, mainly because
(a) they receive heavy rainfall
(b) rivers are perennial in such regions
(c) rivers have steep gradients in such regions
(d) Dams can be constructed more easily
6. Which of the following pairs regarding the fuel and its heating value
is correctly matched ?
(a) Wood 19,000 kj/kg
(b) Coal 23,000 kj/kg
(c) Peat 35,000 kj/kg
(d) Natural gas 28,000 kj/kg
7. Very toxic gas which causes headache, visual difficulty, paralysis and
even death in the human beings is
(a) carbon dioxide (b) ozone
(c) carbon monoxide (d) none of the above
8. An increase in the number or size of the dust particles in air leads to
warming, because such particles
(a) increase moisture in air
(b) scatter only blue light
(c) scatter all kinds of light
(d) are very cold.
9. Which of the following process does not evolve carbon dioxide in the
(a) Burning (b) Breathing
(c.) Organic decay
10. The formation of NOx can be supressed by using
staged-fuel burners because
(a) combustion temperature control the formation rates of thermal NOx
(b) they absorb all the moisture available in the atmosphere
(c) they provide cooling to the system
(d) none of the above.