Ancient Indian History
Post-Mauryan Period (2nd Century B.C to 3rd
(1) Junagarh rock inscription of saka ruler of Ujjain Rudradaman-I dated 150 AD
describes the achievements of Rudradaman-I. This is the earliest inscription in
(2) A number of inscriptions have been found at Nasik associated with Satavahana
rulers of Deccan.
(3) Besnagar pillar inscription from Vidisa talks about the pillar constructed
by Heliodorus, an ambassador of Indo-Greek king of Taxila called Antialcides to
the court of Sunga ruler of Vidisa, Kasiputra Bhagabhadra also called as
bhagavata. The inscription is recorded in honour of god of gods vasudeva.
(4) hathigumpa inscription in Prakrit in Udayagiri hills of Orissa records the
achievements of Kharavela.
(5) Sarnath inscription highlights the achievements of kanishka, the Kushana