Civil Services Preliminary -
(General Studies) Practice
1. Paper industry plays a vital role in the socio economic development of
any country. Consider the following statements in this regard
1. Per capita paper consumption is a yardstick to measure the modernilty.
2. The key social objective of the Government namely, eradication of illiteracy
through compulsory primary education bears a direct relation with the paper
3. The India paper industry plays a pivotal role in overall industrial growth
and provides the vital vehicle needed to propel the knowledge based economy of
the country in the new millennium.
4. Dependency on paper is more eco friendly than on electronic.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) 1,2 and 3 only
(b) 2,3 and 4 only
(c) 1,3 and 4 only (d) 1,2, 3 and 4